Viewing a Usage Report
If you want to explore how your queries and data is being used, a usage report is useful to reduce costs of maintaining and querying tables and views. For this purpose, you can generate a usage report for schema elements and use them as a table in Datameer and Snowflake.
The following applies:
- the usage report can be generated for each schema
- if the usage report table already exists, it can be simply overwritten
The following information can be explored in the report:
- object name: source schema name
- object type: table or view
- user: username
- warehouse: warehouse name
- query client
- query count: how often it has been used
- last accessed: date and timestamp of the last usage
- query weekday
- query hour
- column usages
To generate the usage report:
In the Data Browser, right-click on a schema and select "Schema Usage". The dialog 'Schema Usage' opens.
Enter the usage report table name in "Table", select a schema where the usage report will be deployed to, and confirm with "OK". The usage report is created and can be explored in the Project's Flow Area.